Beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- or so the saying goes. Truth be told, though, if you don't feel beautiful, what others say doesn't really matter. Make your skin feel and look better in a few simple steps.
Taking care of your skin doesn't have to be super expensive either. Try some of these 7 home skincare tips below that won't break the bank.
1. Use a clay mask. The Natural Beauty Workshop mixes together 1 tablespoon Bentonite clay, 1/2 mashed kiwi, 1/4 teaspoon kiwi seed oil, 5 drops Roman chamomile and 5 drops honey. Apply the mask to your face, then let it sit for 20 minutes before rinsing and moisturizing the skin. If you're concerned about using Bentonite clay, use another clay in its place.
Voyagerix / Shutterstock
2. Get enough rest. One of the least expensive things you can do for your skin is get enough sleep. Oprah.com recommends getting seven hours of sleep a night to help reduce cortisol in your body.
3. Eat healthy. The Fashion Spot recommends eating the right foods to help beautify your skin. Some of the best foods for your skin are cucumbers, green tea, green leafy vegetables, nuts and pumpkin seeds.
4. Drink plenty of water. Hydration is important to the skin. Without enough water, the skin gets saggy and looks dull. mbglifestyle recommends you drink plenty of water daily to keep your skin fully hydrated.
5. Use sunscreen. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends using a broad-spectrum UV SPF 15 or higher sunscreen daily. Without it, the damage from the sun causes premature aging and damage to the skin.
6. Hydrate your skin. Keep your skin well hydrated and moisturized to prevent early aging. Coconut oil is ideal for hydrating skin without adding pore-clogging oils. Coconut Mama whips coconut oil with a hand mixer to make it fluffy, and then she jars it and applies it straight to her face after washing.
7. Keep it clean. It's important to keep your skin clean. One way to do that is to make your own gentle cleanser to fight acne and infections with Manuka honey. Wellness Mama recommends taking 1 teaspoon of honey, rubbing it into your wet face and then rinsing it off. The antibacterial properties of Manuka honey help kill off things that want to create acne, and its healing properties make your skin healthy.
Beautiful skin is well within the grasp of everyone. Take the time to figure out what's best for you -- it's well worth the investment!