Everyone wants beautiful looking skin. Beauty companies sell all kinds of products that claim to help restore tone, give a glow and remove dark circles and discolorations. Have you ever considered, though, that you may have things in your kitchen that will do the same thing?
Before all the manufactured products came out, people used what they had on hand to create beautiful skin. Check out these 7 ways you can create radiant skin with products from your home.
1. Rice water. According to one good thing, rice water is supposed to make an excellent skin toner. To make the toner, cover 1/2 cup of uncooked rice with water. Let the rice soak for 15 to 30 minutes and then strain it. The water is what you'll use. Soak a cotton ball in the rice water and rub it on your face after you've washed it. Does this work? You'll have to be the judge of that.
2. Almond oil. To get rid of dark circles, The Fitlife recommends mixing equal parts coconut oil and almond oil together. Apply this to the dark circles at night before bed.
3. Oatmeal face mask. To help moisturize your skin, SIO Beauty says to use an oatmeal face mask twice a week. Put 1/2 cup warm water on 1/3 cup oatmeal and let it sit for 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons yogurt and 2 tablespoons honey. Mix this all well. Fold in the white of 1 egg. Apply the mask to a clean, dry face and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
4. Rose water. WebMD says that rose water and glycerin may be used to soothe irritated skin. Stylecraze makes a rose water glycerin cleanser from 200 ml glycerin, 100 ml rose water and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Use this every night before bed.
5. Sugar scrub. For a gentle exfoliate, Stylecraze uses sugar. Combine 1 tablespoon of regular sugar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with enough water to get them damp. Rub this in a circular motion on your face and rinse off. You can use this every four to five days to remove dead skin cells.
6. Aloe vera. WebMD shares that aloe vera is great for the skin and helps heal all kinds of problems. Stylcraze combines aloe vera with coconut oil to help treat psoriasis. Combine 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and mix them together. Massage the mixture into the psoriasis and let it stand for two to three hours. Reapply it two to three times a day.
7. Rosehip oil. According to TOWN&COUNTRY, Kate Middleton's secret to looking young is rosehip oil. It's supposed to be great as an anti-ager. Wellness Mama combines 1 tablespoon beeswax, 1 tablespoon mango butter and 1/4 cup sweet almond oil together in a double boiler and melts them. Mix them thoroughly. Remove them from the heat and let them cool slightly. Add 10 drops of vitamin E, 2 tablespoons rosehip seed oil, 7 drops carrot seed oil and 7 drops geranium oil. Mix thoroughly and place this in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Remove and mix until creamy. Jar and use.
Who knew so many household ingredients were so healthy for your skin?