Women are forever fighting the aging process. Hair color, make-up, spa treatments -- lots of money gets spent trying to make age take a backseat to life. Wouldn't life be wonderful if you could fight age and do it cheaply?
Below are 10 natural ways to help keep your skin looking young. Many are in your kitchen already or can be bought at the grocery store. Life can't get much better than this.
1. Lemon juice. To help fight acne, try a little lemon juice on your face. Women's Health also recommends adding some to coconut water and putting that on your face to help brighten the skin and hydrate it.
2. Aloe vera. Medical News Today says that putting aloe vera gel on the skin may help improve elasticity. It also helps increase collagen production, helping skin look more youthful.
3. Coffee. People enjoy drinking coffee daily, but put it on your skin?Prevention says that used on the skin, coffee can help prevent pores from clogging and soften age lines. It also exfoliates, removing dead skin cells and leaving behind a healthy shine.
4. Green tea. According to WebMD, the antioxidant properties of green tea may help prevent skin cancer. Researchers aren't certain exactly how much needs to be in skin care products to be effective, but they are seeing the possibilities.
5. Vitamin C. Whether taken as a supplement, in your food or placed in a lotion that you put directly on your skin, WebMD says that vitamin C boosts the collagen in your skin, helping to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and scars.
6. Coconut oil. Great for hydration and adding a shine, coconut oil is recommended in Prevention. Wounds may even heal faster when treated with virgin coconut oil.
7. Rosewater. Hydration for the skin is important. Cosmopolitan recommends carrying an atomizer with rosewater around so you can spritz your face throughout the day to help rehydrate your skin.
8. Egg whites. Although this may seem strange, Vogue states that many Korean beauty lines are jumping on board with adding egg whites to their products as great source of collagen. If you want to make your own skin care, The Beauty Madness has a recipe for making a mask out of egg whites and oranges, an excellent source of vitamin C.
9. Cucumber. You can use slices to help reduce puffy eyes or make it into a mask. Cucumber, according to Huffpost, has both vitamin C and silica. The vitamin C calms inflammation and causes the skin to shine. The silica from the peel will firm up any sagging skin.
10. Bananas. Bananas are great in smoothies and breads. They even taste great with peanut butter, but smash them up and put them on your face? Huffpost says that putting a mashed banana on your face for about 15 minutes will help moisturize your skin. You can also mix it with an avocado to make a face mask to help reduce wrinkles and ward off age spots.
How successful are all of these at fighting age and retaining youthful beauty? Well, you'll have to be the judge of that. Each of these contain vitamins and minerals that doctors and dermatologists know are necessary for healthy skin. You may find within this list, the fountain of youth for you.
Please SHARE this cool list of ideas with your friends on Facebook!