When you brush your hair, you may notice more strands than normal in your hairbrush. Should you be concerned? The answer is, "Not necessarily." As you age, changes in hormones can cause your hair to fall out. Unfortunately, stress and illness can also be factors.
If you're concerned by the amount of hair you're seeing off your head, see your doctor to make sure everything is okay. Then, try some of these home remedies to inspire great hair growth from your scalp.
1. Scalp massage. According to Medical News Today, massing your scalp will increase the flow of blood to your scalp which will in turn increase the thickness of your hair. You may not see new hair growth, but healthier hair.
2. Supplements. Sometimes your hair loss is due to a lack of vitamins that are necessary for hair. WebMD recommends taking some extra iron, zinc and omega-6 fatty acids.
3. Protein. Protein is critical to healthy hair, so WebMD reminds people that if your hair is falling out, you need to increase your protein intake. Nutritionist Sally Kravich recommends two to three 3-ounce servings of meat per day; four to five servings of dairy and beans; and nuts, seeds and fish as well.
4. Onion juice. An old stand-by remedy for hair growth is onion juice. FOOD says to take the juice from an onion and apply it to your scalp. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
5. Coconut milk. Dr. Kochhar prefers using coconut milk over onion juice to stimulate collagen and hair growth. Use the fresh milk from a coconut and add a squeeze of lemon juice and 4 drops of lavender oil. Massage this into your scalp and let it sit for four to five hours before rinsing it off.
6. Aloe vera gel. According to Medical News Today, aloe vera gel may be used to help treat hair loss. beautymusta combines 2 eggs, 1/4 cup aloe gel, 2 teaspoons coconut oil and 6 drops rosemary oil. Apply this to damp hair and wrap your hair for 15 to 30 minutes. Do this once a week.
7. Geranium oil. Medical News Today also recommends using geranium oil to help regrow your hair. Add a few drops to your shampoo each day.
You don't have to just accept that you are going to have thin hair. You have a lot of options to help regrow your hair, thick and healthy.