There is nothing more frustrating than dry, frizzy, fly-away hair. You spend so much time styling it, but the end result doesn't always reflect that. What can you do? How do you tame the frizz?
Fortunately, taming the frizz often only demands ingredients you can find in your kitchen. If you think about things that are rich in oil, these may make great frizz tamers. Check out 6 home remedies for taming the frizz.
1. Egg yolks. Egg yolks can help tame the frizz according to LIVESTRONG. You can use 2 egg yolks and beat them to place on your hair. If you have long hair, you may need more. Put the yolks on dry hair and let them sit for 30 minutes before washing your hair and conditioning.
2. Avocado. Stylecraze recommends combining 1 ripe avocado with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Apply this to damp hair and cover your hair with a shower cap. Let it sit for one hour before shampooing the avocado out.
3. Coconut oil. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer. It's just as good for your hair as it is for your skin. Well+Good recommends taking a handful of oil and melting it in your hand. Rub it evenly through your hair and then twist your hair up to let it soak in.
4. Honey. Naturally Curly says to mix 1 teaspoon honey with 4 cups of warm water. Use the honey water as a rinse to help tame your frizz.
5. Mayonnaise. If you don't have eggs on hand, mayonnaise can be a great substitute. Stylecraze combines 1/4 cup mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Apply this to damp hair. Cover your hair for 30 minutes and then wash the mixture out.
6. Argon oil. The Babbling Brooke combines 1 teaspoon argon oil, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1 tablespoon shea butter and 2 to 3 drops of your favorite essential oil for scent. If you need to soften the shea butter and coconut oil, microwave them. Mix the shea butter, coconut oil and argon oil thoroughly and add your favorite essential oil. Put this on your dry hair and comb it all the way through to the end. Let it sit for 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
From the expected to the bizarre, these home remedies are pretty simple to make. Try them and find the one that works for you.