Acne is a plague that people fight regardless of age and gender. Those pesky pimples raise their ugly heads at the most inopportune times, and all you want is to have beautiful, clear skin.
Some of the best ways to prevent acne are things you can do at home and won't cost you much at all. Below are 8 simple things you can do to encourage blemish free skin.
1. Coconut oil face cleaner. Coconut oil has great antimicrobial properties and moisturizes all at the same time. Reader's Digest recommends using it as a face cleanser by massaging into your face. Apply a warm towel for 15 to 30 seconds so that it can soak in well and then wipe it off.
2. Sanitize your phone. Too many hours are spent on cell phones every day. The screen is smashed against your cheek, grinding dirt into your skin. Dirt and bacteria cling to the screen getting ground in as well. Seventeen recommends taking time to clean your phone screen regularly to help reduce acne.
3. Exfoliating cleanser. WebMD mixes the exfoliating properties of baking soda with the antimicrobial and moisturizing properties of coconut oil. You can make a great cleanser by mixing some baking soda in your coconut oil and washing your face with it.
4. Wash your makeup brushes. If acne is a problem for you, be sure to regularly clean your makeup brushes as they are magnets for dirt and bacteria. Seventeen recommends using a brush cleanser or baby shampoo to clean them.
5. Raw honey. The U. S. National Library of Medicine shares how honey has antibacterial properties along with being a great healing agent. Because of this, StyleCraze recommends applying a thin layer of honey to your face each night and letting it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
6. Eat mixed nuts. Nuts are full of a number of different vitamins and minerals that are important for healthy, clear skin including selenium and Omega-3 fatty acids. Women's Health recommends eating a few of these every day, but don't eat too many.
7. Avoid certain foods. Milk, sugars and carbs are foods that tend to make skin break out in acne. If you're having problems, then cut out the dairy and foods that are high in sugars and refined carbohydrates. WebMD does point out that the jury is out on chocolate. The cocoa itself doesn't seem to be the problem, but it may be the sugar and milk it's combined with, so if you just have to have a piece of chocolate, go with semi-sweet dark.
8. Feed your skin. Just as there are foods to avoid, there are some foods that will help fight acne. Foods rich in vitamin A are great for fighting acne, so eat carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes and yams. Green leafy vegetables and high fiber foods like oatmeal and beans are also good for keeping your skin clear. Salmon and oysters are also recommended in moderation by WebMD and One Green Planet.
Such simple solutions may bring an end to your battles with acne. If you still can't win the fight for clear skin, seek advice from your doctor. All of these tips are good for your skin, and maybe you will find the key to healthy radiant skin for you.
Please SHARE these great tips with your friends on Facebook!