Healthy hair is what everyone wants. You can walk into a store and wander an aisle with so many products that promise to give you healthy, shiny hair your head will spin. Figuring out what really works is the real challenge.
If you know which ingredients cause your hair to grow and be healthy, you won't have to spend money on over-priced products. You can make your own hair treatments at home. Check out these 6 home hair treatments to help your hair grow.
1. Avocado oil. According to Garnier, avocado is rich in vitamin E and great for your hair. Wholefully shares a recipe for an avocado hair mask from 1 ripe avocado, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons honey. Combine them in a bowl and whip them until they're thoroughly mixed and smooth. Apply this to damp hair, all the way to the ends, and cover it with a shower cap. Use a hair dryer to heat it for 15 minutes and then rinse the mask out and wash your hair.
2. Coconut oil. Cosmopolitan recommends applying an oil treatment once a week. You combine 1 cup coconut oil, 1 tablespoon almond oil, 1 tablespoon macadamia oil and 1 tablespoon jojoba oil together. Apply the oil to damp hair and let it sit for 10 minutes before shampooing your hair like normal.
3. Olive oil. According to Medical News Today, olive oil can help relieve a dry scalp and encourage your hair to grow thicker. Fabhow combines 1 banana, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon honey together. Whip it until smooth and apply it to your hair. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes before shampooing your hair.
4. Eggs. Eggs are supposed to help strengthen your hair, allowing it to grow thick and strong. Medical News Today combines 1 to 2 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons water. Apply this to your hair and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse and wash your hair.
5. Orange puree. Medical News Today says that the acid in orange juice removes build-up on your hair that may be keeping it from growing. To make an orange puree, hair buddha combines 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon honey. Massage this into your scalp and hair after shampooing. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it out. You can apply hair conditioner if you want.
6. Boar bristle. Another hair growth tip from Cosmopolitan is to use a boar bristle hair brush when brushing your hair. Brush it gently so as to keep from breaking the strands. The boar bristles will help redistribute your hair's natural oil, keeping your hair healthy and strong.
Knowing the inside scoop means you can make great treatments for your hair's specific needs. You may also find you save a lot of money and find the perfect treatment for your hair.